Ferrari drivers take Ferrari test at Monza
Posted On July 14, 2021
A Ferrari test driver says he was shocked to see the car he drove crash into a wall at Monzón, just outside of Barcelona.
“The car that was in front of me broke in half,” said Jann Mardenborough.
“The driver of the car didn’t even try to pull the car over.” “
It is understood that the car was taken to the Monza circuit after the accident. “
The driver of the car didn’t even try to pull the car over.”
It is understood that the car was taken to the Monza circuit after the accident.
Monza was closed as a precaution for the rest of the day.
Mardenborough has been a test driver with Ferrari since 2014, but has not had any test time this season.
The incident occurred just a few miles from the venue, where Mardenbrook’s team is due to make its first start of the season.
“It was definitely a bad day for me,” he said.
“If I’d done anything different, it would have been a lot worse.”
Mardenbrook, a veteran of a number of Formula 1 races, will be hoping to build on his second consecutive top ten finish.
He has a race victory to his name in his debut season, which came with a fifth place at last year’s Spanish Grand Prix.
Ferrari’s Jann-Mardenboom, a former McLaren driver, finished second in the 2016 championship, a year after being promoted from his seat in 2016.
After the accident, Ferrari announced a suspension of its testing at Monzo until at least Friday.